August 11th is finally here! I am officially 37 weeks and still pregnant! I prayed many many nights throughout this pregnancy to make it to this day. Unfortunately I have had some small complications since early in my 2nd trimester that have caused contractions and, therefore, worry, for many months. I was consumed for some time with the fear that I would have to go on bed rest early and search for help/care for Jackson until my delivery. Not anymore!! God has taught me a lot about trust over the past few months and I won't lie in saying it has been a struggle to remember His truths with each new day. At night when I am awake and uncomfortable, I try to remind myself I should be glad I am still carrying our daughter, uncomfortable or not!! His mercies are new every morning! Thank you so much for many of your prayers and concerns. Now I enter the hardest part, I think....always wondering if today will be the day. Pleading with God to allow her to come always battles against the knowledge that He is in control and knows the best time for her arrival...not me. Please continue in your prayers for a safe and soon delivery of our daughter. In the meantime, enjoy a few picts of Jackson at his first attendance of a friends birthday party. The theme was Elmo (as painted on his face). He had a blast with his friend Peyton. Happy Birthday Peyton!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Answered Prayer!
August 11th is finally here! I am officially 37 weeks and still pregnant! I prayed many many nights throughout this pregnancy to make it to this day. Unfortunately I have had some small complications since early in my 2nd trimester that have caused contractions and, therefore, worry, for many months. I was consumed for some time with the fear that I would have to go on bed rest early and search for help/care for Jackson until my delivery. Not anymore!! God has taught me a lot about trust over the past few months and I won't lie in saying it has been a struggle to remember His truths with each new day. At night when I am awake and uncomfortable, I try to remind myself I should be glad I am still carrying our daughter, uncomfortable or not!! His mercies are new every morning! Thank you so much for many of your prayers and concerns. Now I enter the hardest part, I think....always wondering if today will be the day. Pleading with God to allow her to come always battles against the knowledge that He is in control and knows the best time for her arrival...not me. Please continue in your prayers for a safe and soon delivery of our daughter. In the meantime, enjoy a few picts of Jackson at his first attendance of a friends birthday party. The theme was Elmo (as painted on his face). He had a blast with his friend Peyton. Happy Birthday Peyton!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I can't imagine what you have been going through, but I have been praying for you. Aren't we so blessed to have a God who always knows and does best for us! I know if it were all left in my hands, i would have screwed it all up time and time again! Thankfully, we have a Lord who is patient with our impatience! I thank Him for you and the wonderful mother, wife, sister, daughter, and friend that you are to so many of us. I appreciate the lessons you share with us! I love you and miss you more than words can say... as I sit here crying at work!!!
Can't wait to meet that sweet girl!! Praying for you! We have been talking about you a lot lately with Benjamin. He is really into babies and ask everyone to see their belly thinking they might be pregnant. Well girls anyway. So i was telling him you were about to have a baby and that Jackson's birthday was coming. He keeps asking me if Jackson is still sick since we sent him that card and car while he was sick. It has been so sweet to talk about ya'll so much with him and to think about all of you. We love you!!
Post a Comment