I suppose I should be somewhat relieved that my doctor has taken me off of work for too many false contractions...and being dilated. Who wouldn't want a mini vacation before the hardest job her her life arrives, right? What would you do if you were at home all day everyday? Personally, I would work on tons of projects.....deep cleaning, baking, sewing, decorating baby's room, etc. There are TONS of things I would do right here in the walls of my own home. But I'm not. I sit. I sleep. I read. I eat. I worry. Yes, I do admit that I do worry some. I wonder if when I do get up to do a small chore if I'm causing myself to dilate even more. After a week of this, I am relieved to say that the doctor told me today that nothing had progressed much further. I must be doing something right. I'm looking forward to my sister coming to visit next week. I think we will be resting at the pool and in the chair at the nail salon!!! Ha Ha. Just for the update, this will probably continue for about another 2 weeks and then I will be released!! I'll be allowed to go to work, clean, bake, sew, decorate, and shop my way into labor. Until then, I pray for my God to show me ways to learn more of Him, be thankful for His ways because they are much higher than mine, and enjoy every kick and turn my child communicates with me. If I were cleaning, baking, shopping, or working I would not be so attentive to this active life within me. I will probably look back at this time as some of the most precious of my pregnancy. For now, please pray with me so that I do enjoy the moment. I want to experience His wonderful love for me and for this child.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
how sweet...tears came to my eyes as I read this one...what a beautiful thing to trust the Lord with this life he has made!
love you!
erin
My dear Holly,
This is so sweet and so like you to want to be busy. Enjoy the rest. Time will come when you will say " I wish I could sit for a while." That little precious life inside of you will soon be here demanding your attention even more than now. Don't worry you and your baby are in the hands of God.
I Love You
"Gran Pat"
Post a Comment