Saturday, May 5, 2007

Wow, it's late...


Alright, It is 3:00 am and I have just spent a long evening educating myself on all the lovely things that have to be done in order to rip a DVD, change the format, the get the huge file uploaded to the internet. I know that this Techno stuff is like child's play for some of you, but man it sure is a job for me. Usually once I learn how to do something on the computer, it sticks. But, it is the figuring it all out that I am so slow at. I spent over eighteen hours trying to get the right Greek font to work in Word on my computer this semester and I am to this day unsuccessful! This is why I am now taking applications for a part-time on-call personal information technologies blood brother. The pay is low (respect and gratitude) and the benefits are crappy (Hope is willing to share her Milk-Bones), but we will have been through the fires of digital hades together and share that bond forever. Any Takers?

I hope that you all enjoy the video of the ultrasound! I was absolutely enthralled watching it happen live. I have seen ultrasounds before, but it sure is different when it is yours on the screen.

It is all starting to become more real for me. I was sitting at school last week having lunch alone and looked across the table at the empty chair when it hit me that there will be fewer empty chairs at my table from now on. This little baby is his/her own little person -my little one. I always enjoyed having meals with my family and I look forward to adding the new little Jones into our lives with his/her own place at the table. Love you all, -Jonathan

6 comments:

Anne-Camille Collins said...

So happy for you! Pregnancy is such an exciting journey for a couple!

Check out my blog!
annecamille.blogspot.com

Heather said...

This is so awesome!! I can't imagine what it feels like, and I can't wait, but it is just as amazing to see you two experiencing this for the first time! Thanks, Jonathan, for all the hard work getting that US on here. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it... I cried!!! If you ever find a taker on your "tech blood brother", ask if he has a sister!!!! I am having problems too!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so impressed with this website. Brian will be jealous!! Maybe this summer we can get one up and running. You've inspired us! We are so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet your little one. Brady needs a playmate!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Holly! :)

Michele said...

Awww...somebody beat me to the "Happy Mother's Day"!

So excited for you guys.

Anonymous said...

This is Uncle Chuck--- I love this blog, I wish the best for both of you and wish you could make it to our wedding, but, I can understand. ...As far as being a father, you asked what it was like...Jonathan, I think of lessons learned from your family. A lot of times I try and imagine what you would say or do. So far, it has worked out pretty well. You and Holly will make great parents. I can't wait to get the kids together. Miss you both