Thursday, August 4, 2011

Here's to You, Jonathan!!

Jonathan and I moved to Dallas, TX 5 years ago for J to start a masters program at Dallas Theological Seminary.  He and I were both excited and nervous about the new turn in our journey together, but confident that it was where God was directing our paths.  To say that these past 5 years have been difficult would be an understatement.  I don't believe we ever had a clue of the challenges that were before us....if we had, we might never have chosen to come.  To say it has been a joy would be a complete  understatement as well.....our first two children were born here with another waiting to make his appearance.  As I write, Jonathan is engaged in his last class...his VERY LAST.  He will finish up loose ends tomorrow on campus and he will be done.  I can't even type without welling up with emotion.  There were times that I really wondered if we would ever finish this chapter in our lives.  Now it is here. It is really here!!!!  To say I am proud cannot begin to describe the enormity of passion I feel behind the words.  Not only has he attained a Masters of Theology (120 hour program including 5 classes of Greek and Hebrew!), but he has steadfastly loved me as a husband and encouraged our marriage to grow stronger, become the most wonderful, devoted father to 2 (really 3) amazing children, and grown in fellowship with others deepening relationships to higher levels.  Growth really has been his theme in all areas of his life.  And growth is something we will never finish.  Please join me in praising our awesome Father in heaven for sustaining him through these years.  Please join me in praying for our future as we enter into a search to find a place for him to pour his passions for Christ into the lives around us.  There is no other place I'd rather be than by your side, Jonathan.  Congratulations.  I love you.




















3 comments:

Rebekah Baker said...

Yay for Jonathan! That is so exciting to hear and I know you guys are so excited to see where the Lord will take you next. You guys finished strong and we are so proud of your sacrifice and diligence in pursuing God's calling on your life.

Heather said...

Made me shed a couple tears too, Holly!!! So very proud of both of you! You guys are such an inspiration to me, us and everyone around you! We love you more than words can say! (excited and honored we made it on the blog with you! )

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of both of you. Gran Chip would sing the "I am Proud of You" song from Mister Rogers. It would be out of tune but he would mean it very much. I love you!
Gran Pat