Thursday, November 1, 2007

Jackson's Lovin' Life

Snoozing with Papa Z and Jackson's first bath!!

















Hope the wait was worth it. Jackson has had a full first 2 months of life. We traveled home to TN when he was 3 1/2 weeks old so he could visit family and friends. School and work responsibilities kept Dad in TX, so Jackson and I braved it on our own. If you consider being on our own constantly showered with love and care from the grandparents, siblings, family, and friends. I got to sleep for a 6 hour stretch for the very first time while Momma Z gave Jackson a bottle at 3am. WHoooo Hoooo!!! It was wonderful. The trend continued when we went to Gran Pat's house. God has blessed us with such loving parents!! It's a good thing Jackson is such a social baby. He was held and passed around, oh... for about 18 hours a day!! He continued to amaze me as he slept the entire trip to and from TN. Only when it was time to eat did he open those precious eyes. It's a great time to travel when their that young!! The only really hard part of the trip was not having Dad around. He makes such a great partner in this whole baby/family thing. We visited each night on the web cam, though. Technology is a great thing!! We are finally settling into a nice routine here at home. Jackson is a great sleeper and is sleeping about 5-6 hours on his own at night now. He takes great naps during the day and isn't really fussy unless he has gas or a dirty diaper. I know all good things are from our Lord. Thanks be to God!! Now that's not to say we haven't had our days. There have been the days when I haven't brushed my teeth or combed my hair until about 2pm, we've changed soiled clothes 3 times in a 1 hour stretch, and spraying poop in mommy's face is an art form. No really, he has some super force behind it, I promise. Those are the days I just have to make myself laugh instead of cry and be thankful that they are few and far between. I love having a son, and all that goes with it. Well, enjoy the pictures. Hope I didn't gross you out on the poop thing!! Ha Ha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This whole thing is just so awesome. I'm glad that you guys are settling in so well. Keep those pictures coming!!